Whether the date for your daughter's wedding reception is right around the corner or whether you have a year to plan the event, be ready to make compromises. Two heads are better than one, right? Look at wedding magazines together and file the ideas you like best in an accordion folder. You'll be glad to have those references when the time has arrived to make final decisions.
Ponder On The Basics First - When you have decided on the basics, you will be ready to go forward.
- How many people will be attending the event? Do your daughter and her fiance want a small and intimate affair or will it be a large one?
- Where will the event be held? If you have a large back yard, you can definitely make it look spectacular for the event.
- If you select to have the wedding reception outside of your home, think of still decorating the event room yourself.
- When will the wedding take place? The season will help to establish the mood you want. For example, if the wedding will be held during the Christmas holidays, go with a festive holiday theme.
Write Down The Plan - It's super important for everything to be put in writing. That way you'll be able to check things off the list as they are accomplished. A list also helps you to designate who is going to take care of certain aspects of the event. Is your husband ordering the champagne for the wedding? If so, write that down.
- Establishing a theme will help you to select decorations.
- For example, a festive and casual event probably means choosing bright colors for the table decorations.
- White, off white, and soft pastels would be wonderful colors for a classic and elegant event.
- Candles and photographs of the bride and groom will be great for either casual or elegant. Just choose frames that will match the table decor.
Choose The Right Band - Music and dancing will for sure add fun to a memorable wedding reception.
- For a small backyard wedding, you may want a small dance floor installed for use with a DJ.
- For a more formal event, think of hiring a wedding reception band.
- Whether you select a DJ or a band, think about writing down specifics you want as part of the music.
- Don't forget to plan special songs for the bride and groom to dance together, for the bride and her father to dance together, and so on.
Consider doing something very different as a surprise for the bride and groom. For example, hire a horse and buggy in which they can leave the wedding reception. If you're planning to give take home favors to the guests, think of something very unique. One idea is to to give lollipops with a message like Thank you for sharing this sweet event with us! attached to the lollipop stick. Places like ThrowBack Experience are a great place to start for more help.